CRITERIA - 2ND LEVEL QUALIFICATION / RANKING
QUALIFICATION FOR 2ND LEVEL OLYMPIAD EXAMS :
Students fulfilling either of the following 3 criteria's will qualify for 2nd level Olympiads exams:
- Top 5% of students, class wise who appear for the 1st level exam. Due priority to marks scored in different sections will be given to determine ranks in case of a tie of marks.
- From each Zone - top 25 rank holders from each class.
- Class topper from each participating school where at least 10 students from a class appear in the exam & scores 50% qualifying marks.
2nd level exams will be conducted for English, Science & Mathematics Olympiads (SOF IEO, SOF NSO & SOF IMO) for students for classes three to twelve.
Normally, a student scoring higher total marks will be accorded a higher rank.
However, in case two or more students score same total marks, higher rank will be awarded to the student scoring higher marks in sections accorded higher priority.
Section wise priority to determine ranks is as under:
|2||Computer & Information Technology|
|3||Logical & Analytical Reasoning|
|FOR CLASS 11th &12th|
|4||Mathematics / Biology|
|2||Word & Structure Knowledge|
|4||Spoken & Written Expression|
|3rd & 4th||1||Achievers Section|
|6th to 8th||1||Achievers Section|
|4||Social and Political Life|
|9th & 10th||1||Achievers Section|
In case two or more students score equally in all sections, they will be accorded same rank.
CRITERIA FOR RANKING IN 2ND LEVEL OLYMPIAD EXAMS:
In case of 2nd level exams, ranks will be accorded on the following criteria:
Total Marks scored in level 2 exam.
In case two or more students score same number of marks, ranks will be determined on following criteria:
- Marks scored in sections in level two exam accorded higher priority.
- Total marks scored in Level one exam.
- Marks scored in sections, in level one exam, accorded higher priority.
In case two or more students score same marks under all the categories above, they will be awarded the same rank.
CRITERIA FOR RANKING- SINGLE LEVEL OLYMPIAD EXAMS:
For SOF NCO, SOF ICO, SOF IGKO & SOF ISSO and class one & two students appearing in SOF IEO, SOF NSO and / or SOF IMO exams, ranks will be accorded on the following criteria.
- Marks obtained in the exam.
- In case two or more students score same number of marks, ranks will be determined on the basis of marks scored in sections accorded more priority.
- In case two or more students score same marks under both the criteria above, they will be awarded the same rank.
- In case of any confusion, decision of the Academic Council will be final & binding. Telephonic round of question may be conducted at the sole discretion of SOF to determine ranks.
Second level Exams - may be conducted based on the prevalent conditions due to Corona virus / Other factors at that time leading to feasibility of conducting 2nd level exams in all states. In case 2nd level exams are not conducted, results of 1st level exams will be treated as final results.