SOF Online Exams Test Taker Guide
SOF Online Exams Video Guide
SOF Online Exams Test taker Guide
1. TEST TAKER GUIDE: - All the information you need before taking a test on the platform
2. Before Taking Test
- a) System Requirements
- b) Browser Downloads & Updates
- c) Browser Settings
- d) Browser Cache Settings
2. Launching Test (Laptop/Desktop)
- a) Launching on Chrome
- b) Launching on Firefox
- c) Steps to Launch
- d) Launching Summary
- e) Resuming Test
4. Attempting the Test
5. Do’s & Don’ts
6. Mock Test Link
3. Before Taking The Test
- Before moving to launch a test, we need to prepare our device for the system compatibility.
- For that, the device configurations and the required browser versions need to be updated.
- To update the same, the processes are discussed in this section.
4. System Requirements Laptop/Desktop
- Platform test will be proctored
- Platform requires a minimum upload bandwidth(speed) to run online tests for webcam proctored test at 512 kbps, can be checked at www.speedtest.net
- You can attempt tests on any of the alongside recommended browsers Browser For (Proctored test) Chrome version 86 and above Firefox version 68 and above
5. System Requirements Mobile/Tablet
- Android : Web based (Chrome / FF) proctoring on Android is supported, Android version 8 and above, Browser version (Chrome - need 86 and above, FF - need 68 and above) If the exam gets stuck on the "Give camera / mic permissions" page, please try from a different mobile phone.
- iOS / iPAD : On iOS, the only supported browser is Safari. Tests will work on Safari 12 & above only. Mobile Instructions
- If mobile data is being used, ensure network reception is strong
- Disable App notifications
- Disable video calling - WhatsApp, skype etc.
- Phone to be fully charged, candidate to be near charging point
- Your test might end immediately if you migrate away from the test window.
6. Browser Downloads and Updates
- Platform webcam-based proctored test is supported on the following browser versions in a Laptop
- Link to Download latest version of Google Chrome
- Link to Download latest version of Firefox
- Link to Update Chrome, open chrome://settings/help from the browsing tab.
- The Chrome browser version could be viewed. If not at par can be Updated and Relaunched.
7. Browser Settings
- Use the “allow once/always” pop-ups function from your browser settings to allow test window to open
- Optionally, you may disable the pop-up blocker for the duration of the test. Here is how you can do it:
- Google Chrome: Go to ‘chrome://settings/’ --> Click on 'Show advanced settings'(at the end of the page). Under 'Privacy', click on 'Content Settings' --> Under 'Pop-ups', select ‘Allow all sites to show pop-ups’ --> Click on Done.
- For Mozilla Firefox on Windows: Go to ‘Tools’ --> Select ‘Options’ --> Click ‘Content’ tab and then uncheck ‘Block Pop-up windows’ check box.
- After performing the above steps, please restart the browser. Once you have the latest supported browser versions, you may easily start the test. However, in a rare case, you may face difficulty in starting the test, due to the pop-up blocker setting of your browser. Here is what you can do to fix this
8. Browser Cache Settings
- Browser Cache Settings: It is always advisable to clear browser cache/cookies before starting any platform tests.
- For most browsers, pressing “CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE” and selecting Clear Cache (for Firefox and Chrome) helps you clear the cookies.
- In case you still face any issue in loading the test, shut down/restart the system and then clear the cache again.
9. Launching The Test (Laptop/Desktop)
- You can access/launch test using the Link/URL shared with you through SMS.
- You simply need to paste this URL in the address bar of your browser and hit enter, this will redirect you to the test page.
- Once you have reached the test page, a system check will run in the background to check the system compatibility for the test
10. Launching on Chrome : Camera & Microphone • Once your test is launched, you will see a pop-up on the top-left hand corner of your screen, you would be required to allow Microphone and Webcam permissions to platform’s system.
11. Launching on Chrome: Camera and Microphone • In case you don’t see that, you can always click on the Video Icon on the top right-hand corner of your screen and share the required permissions as shown here
12. Launching on Firefox: Camera and Microphone • Once your test is launched, you will see a pop-up on the top-left hand corner of your screen, you would be required to allow Microphone and Webcam permissions to platform’s system.
13. Launching on Firefox: Camera and Microphone • If the required permissions are not provided to the platform, the below screen reoccurs
14. Steps to Launch Once you are done through these steps (sharing camera and screen sharing permissions either on Chrome or Firefox), you are now ready to start the test. Click on the “Next” button on the screen as shown below.
15. Steps to Launch Contd.
- Click on “terms & condition check box” and then click on “Submit” to proceed for the further steps
- Clicking on Start Mock Test, launches test in a new Tab. Some older Browsers disallow opening tabs. User will have to manually allow these tabs to open
16. Since this is a proctored test, you will need to share your current image(capture using your webcam). Your photo may be printed on the certificate being issued to you • Instead of image of ID Proof, capture your own image again as shown here Steps to Launch Contd..
17. Your details are now submitted. Administrator, can check your clicked Photo and other registration fields before allowing you to start your exam. If the administrator feels that you need to submit any of these details again, you will be prompted to perform the above- mentioned steps again. Steps to Launch Contd.
18. Once allowed, you will now be redirected to “Section instructions” page • Please ensure you read all the instructions before clicking on the “Start Test” button Steps to Launch Contd.
19. Launching Summary Copy or click the link you have received on the SMS/ Email. Paste it on the recommended browser - Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Give the required permissions to the test platform for the camera and microphone. You may log in 15 minutes before the actual commencement of the exam. The late entry of up to 5 minutes after commencement time of the exam will be permitted. Post this time, login will be deactivated, and you may not be able to attempt the exam. Login is for single use only and will be deactivated automatically after submitting the exam or when scheduled exam time is over. To log in, please use your roll number. Roll number has been sent to you through SMS/E-mail Capture a clear picture of your face. Your photo may be printed on the certificate being issued to you.
20. Resuming Test: Connectivity Loss.
- If candidate faces connection error, the timer is paused, and responses are saved
- Test will automatically resume from the same point once connection is restored
- Sit Back and Relax, until Connection is restored
21. Resuming Test: Connectivity Loss Contd.
- Once restored, you will be redirected to the start page, with same roll number, log in to Resume Test.
- Once you enter the registration details same as the one entered before the start of the test, you will have to wait for 7-8 mins to Resume the Test.
- Don’t worry, your timer will be paused, you will have your deserved time to complete the test.
22. Instructions Before Starting the Test.
- It is strongly recommended that a student attempts the exam using a Desktop / Laptop /Tablet.
- Only in unavoidable cases should a student use a smartphone to attempt the exam.
- The desktop/laptop/tablet/smartphone must have good internet connectivity, a webcam and an updated version of Google Chrome. The student may not be able to attempt the exam without these.
- Please use the same device to attempt the main test which you used while attempting the mock test.
- When you resume a test after a case of connectivity/shutdown error, please start the test as you did, earlier, using the same registration details.
- Please note video/audio recording of your exam may be done. Any deviations to instruction / wrong conduct / unfair methods used during an exam may lead to your disqualification from the exam.
23. Instructions Before Starting the Test Contd.
- Please close all other tabs in your browser.
- Make sure your mobile data / Wi-Fi is on and is stable with a minimum concurrent speed of 512 kbps internet speed throughout the exam.
- Do not refresh or close your page or use the back button on your browser [use of power/volume buttons are to be avoided].
- If internet connectivity is lost for a few minutes, previous answers selected by you will be saved and the test will automatically resume after internet connectivity is restored.
- Please ensure you do not have any downloads/ notification bar running in the background. To disable notifications in browser Click Here
- Ensure that the test is attempted on the latest version of browsers - Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
24. Instructions During the Test.
- No other person can enter the room while you are attempting the exam. However, for class one and two students – a guardian may sit with the student to read the questions only.
- Please sit at a clean desk with no other item on it except your device.
- The room must be as quiet as possible without any background sound, including music or television/radio etc.
- Use of phone during the exam is prohibited, except the phone, you are using for attempting the exam
- You may not leave the room during the exam for any reason.
- For SOF IMO/NSO/IGKO exams, you may use rough paper for calculation purposes only
- Use of calculators / similar devices is prohibited
25. General Instructions.
- Each paper has 3/4 sections with all questions in a section having one mark each, while each question in “Achievers” section has 2 marks (for classes 1 to 4) and 3 marks( for classes 5 to 11)
- Weightage will be given to time taken to complete the exam and submission of the same. In case of a tie of marks, a student completing the exam in lesser time may be accorded higher rank.
- All questions are compulsory. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers
26. Attempting the Test • Congratulations, you are now on your test window and can start attempting the test.
27. On your Screen you may see
- Time remaining for the test, displayed on the top right corner of the test window.
- Next Question' tab on the bottom right corner of the test window. You can navigate between questions by clicking on the respective question number as well.
- “Section” switch drop-down on the top-left corner(in case you have multiple sections in your test.
- 'Finish Test' tab on the top right corner of the test window.
- “Revisit” option to help you mark a question that can be reviewed later before finishing the test.
- Overall status of the question, which are color-coded
- The Green color is for the question attempted Orange for the questions to be reviewed Grey for the questions not attempted.
28. Finish Test
- Once you are done attempting and reviewing the questions, you can choose to end your test by clicking the “finish test” button. If the time allotted to your test is finished, your test will be auto-completed and submitted. Clicking on the finished test shows you the summary of your test.
- Click on “Yes, Finish Test” button, your test will be submitted. Please wait on the test screen while your test is being submitted.
29. Do’s & Don’ts
- Hold the phone upright as shown here, if Test is being taken on Mobile Phones all through the exam to ensure your face visibility.
- Covering of camera lens is not permitted.
- Recommended use of Android version & Browsers keep mobile charged fully during the test, Airplane mode Off but Wifi On.
- Please ensure integrity of the exam is maintained. Any questionable practice employed during the exam may lead to cancellation of the exam.
- If you come across the “i” icon in the test page, place the cursor on the “i” icon, further references/instructions will be visible.